Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Creamy Chocolate Fudgsicles

It is fun and inexpensive to make your own frozen chocolate treats.  These are really easy and you can make them with fat free milk or even coconut milk if you like.  I would add a splash of vanilla in either case.

I used my immersion blender to mix the ingredients together and puree the bananas, but you could use a food processor or blender if you prefer.

They are not too sweet, but very chocolatey!  Just right when you need a little perk-me-up!


Creamy Chocolate Fudgsicles
Makes 6
  • 2 T cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup Almond Breeze, vanilla unsweetened
  • 2 small ripe bananas
  • bit of Splenda or Stevia to taste
  1. Blend all ingredients and pour into molds.
  2. Freeze for several hours.
  3. Unmold to serve.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 1.
Calories 38; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 9g; Fat 1g; Fibre 1g.

Place all ingredients in the blender jar...


 and whizz till well blended and smooth.


Pour the mixture into the freezer molds...


insert the sticks and place in the freezer till solid.


To serve, put some warm water around the pop you want for a few seconds so just the edge is softened a bit... then pull gently on the stick to remove the pop from the mold.


Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. A great idea, a good alternative to ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm yum! I am going to make these right now - but I don't have a popsicle maker. I need to get one. Plus if I did make them they'd be full of sugar and not good stuff.

    where do you buy your stevia??? I want to try it. I need to watch my GI b/c of my skin. PS had a mad picking my face relapse :(

    I broke out b/c I was eating tons of PASTEURIZED honey!!! I read honey was better than sugar but the site forgot to mention that it had to be organic un pasteurized! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love to read your recipes...am going to make some of those fudgesicles real soon...ummmm good!! Thanks again Freedom...you rock!! Riki

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! I had to print out this recipe. It looks like it would be so fun to make with darling daughter AND a good dessert! (or post long run treat for me)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.