I had an avocado that was just ripe and so I created a really nice lunch salad for The Captain and me, and even he approved!
If all came together so quickly and easily. I didn't use an oily dressing on this salad, only a sprinkle of fresh lemon juice. There is enough healthy fat in the avocado, and I didn't want to overpower the delicate tuna. Of course I used some of the fresh cilantro that is growing on our balcony right now.
Avocado and Tuna Salad
Makes 2 servings
- 4 or 5 cups of mixed lettuces and baby spinach, cut to desired size
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 can tuna, drained (133g solids after draining - approx 4 ounces)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- Dashes of salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro as desired
- Wash and cut the greens and divide between 2 serving plates.
- Add half the grated carrot to each plate and toss into the greens.
- Break the tuna chunks up with a fork and layer over the greens mixture.
- Slice the avocado and place over the tuna.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the salads.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 190; Protein 17g; Carbohydrate 10g; Fat 12g; Fibre 7g.
Plated and ready!