I have been trying to encourage The Captain to eat more sweet potatoes instead of white or red potatoes lately, cause they are so full of vitamins, so I made up this dish for breakfast recently. It went over pretty well, too!
You can easily halve the ingredients to make a single serving or even just use one egg per person if you prefer. We had this for brunch so I wanted to make sure it would be hearty enough to get us through till tea time!
Eggs with Sweet Potato Hash
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked and cooled (about 1-1/2 cups total)
- 4 eggs
- 1 handful of spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbs bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into large chunks and place in a microwave safe dish.
- Add the crumbled bacon and spinach, and stir altogether lightly.
- Put in the microwave oven and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry the eggs in a non-stick skillet, till done to your liking.
- Divide the potato mixture between 2 plates, and top with an eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Weight Watchers P+ = 8.
Calories 318; Protein 17g; Carbohydrate 37g; Fat 11g; Fibre 5g.
Ready to pop into the mike while the eggs are cooking.