I thought it looked very good and so I made it up and had it for breakfast recently. It doesn’t look like much, volume-wise, but the fat in the coconut and almond butter, and the protein in the egg whites and almond butter really kept me satisfied for several hours… even through a sweaty and hard 20 minute strength workout.
I have put together little egg white cakes before, but never thought to add these kinds of sweet and chewy bits to them. Such a great idea!
I will be definitely be making it again… and I think the possibilties for little changes are endless… raisins, shaved almonds, cashew butter, vanilla... and on and on.
Fruity Egg Cake
Makes 1 serving
- 2 egg whites
- 10g dried unsweetened coconut shreds
- 10g dried dates, chopped
- 10g dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tsp almond butter
- Whisk egg whites till frothy.
- Fold in coconut, dates, and cranberries.
- Put in small microwave-safe dish with sides that has been lightly coated with non-stick spray.
- Drizzle almond butter over the mixture and pull through with a knife to swirl and spread somewhat.
- Microwave on HIGH in 30 second increments, for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Remove to plate and serve.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 211; Protein 10g; Carbohydrate 19g; Fat 12g; Fibre 4g.