Sunday, April 13, 2014

Peanut Butter, Soy, and Sesame Sauce for Zoodles or Noodles


Ya’ll know how much I love my zoodles.  I have had so much fun coming up with new sauces for them every week or so. I never get tired of them.  Nope, never.  Do you have any favorite foods like that? That you could eat over and over and over and still want more?

Now, I don’t eat peanut butter very often… I really think that almond butter and cashew butter are better for me.  But sometime you just have to have peanut butter in a recipe for the flavor it brings.  This is one of those recipes. I have tried it with almond butter and it is just not the same.

When you put a sauce on zoodles it tends to bring out the moisture in them, so by the time you get to the bottom of the plate, there is usually soupy sauce left.  Don’t waste it… get out your spoon and slurp it up!


Peanut Butter Soy and Sesame Sauce

Peanut Butter, Soy, and Sesame Sauce
Makes 1 serving
  • 1 Tbs peanut butter
  • 1 Tbs tamari soy sauce
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled, smashed and minced
  • 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
  1. Mix the peanut butter and soy sauce till well-combined.
  2. Add the minced garlic and sesame oil and stir to blend.
  3. Pour over zoodles and toss to coat.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 135; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 5g; Fat 10g; Fibre 1g.

Peanut Butter Soy and Sesame Sauce 2
Just tossed, already getting wetter.


Since I first came up with this recipe, I have also tried it with a spoonful of fat free plain Greek Yogurt stirred in... it makes the sauce a bit thicker and just as tasty!

What is your favorite nut butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.