Thursday, January 15, 2015

Coconut Banana Egg-ffles

Ever since I bought a waffle maker last week I have been playing with ingredients… mostly eggs I admit… but I have been trying to come up with a real ‘waffle’ recipe. So far I have not succeeded, but these Coconut Banana Egg-ffles is honestly one of my better failures!

It is kinda eggy but just  not too eggy so it is worthy of a bit of syrup or a some applesauce or fruit for topping.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.  Next time I would add some cinnamon and a bit of vanilla… yes, there WILL be a next time….

My ingredients made 5 waffle ‘squares’… I just divided them between 2 plates to serve.  And if you are a vegetarian and don’t eat bacon, just don’t use it of course.

Coconut Banana Egg-ffles

Coconut Banana Egg-ffles
Makes 2 servings.
  • 4 large fresh eggs
  • 1 medium banana
  • 1 Tbs coconut flour
  • 1 Tbs crumbled bacon
  1. Blend eggs, banana and coconut flour in a medium bowl.
  2. Pour approximately 1/2 cup of mixture into waffle iron, or the amount recommended for your own waffle iron.
  3. Sprinkle with a few bits of crumbled bacon on the top.
  4. Cook according to instructions.
  5. Remove to plate and keep warm.
  6. Repeat until all batter is used.
  7. Serve warm with a bit of syrup or fruit.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 179; Protein 14g; Carbohydrate 4g; Fat 11g; Fibre 2g.

Coconut Banana Egg-ffles 1
I used my immersion blender to mash the banana and mix the ingredients.

Coconut Banana Egg-ffles 2
I don’t overfill my waffle iron with batter cause I am afraid of messy cleanups!

Coconut Banana Egg-ffles 3
Revmove from waffle iron and keep warm while the rest cook.

Coconut Banana Egg-ffles 5
Add some topppings and get ready to dig in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.