I did substitute Splenda for some of the sugar in Maris's original version, as I wanted to lower the calories and P+ values as well.
We had some fresh blackberries and I was saving this recipe just for them.
This is how I prepared it.
Mixed Berry Crisp for Two
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen (use any combination of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries)
- 6 packets of Splenda
- 4 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons light packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chilled butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine berries, 3 packets of Splenda, 1 tablespoon flour and lemon juice in large bowl; toss to blend well.
- Transfer berry mixture to two oven-safe bowls or ramekin dishes, at least 8-ounce capacity, that have been lightly coated with a non-stick spray.
- Combine remaining 3 Tbs flour, oats, brown sugar, 3 packets Splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in medium bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until topping holds together in small moist clumps. Sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Bake crisps until berry mixture bubbles thickly and topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature – and they’re even better with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 199; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 34g; Fat 7g; Fibre 5g.
Mix the berries with some flour, Splenda and lemon juice.
Mix flour, Splenda, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
Then add the chilled butter in pieces, and work in with your fingers.
Serve baked crisp with a topping such as yogurt or ice cream and garnish with more berries.
It's sure to become a favorite!