It is kinda eggy but just not too eggy so it is worthy of a bit of syrup or a some applesauce or fruit for topping. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Next time I would add some cinnamon and a bit of vanilla… yes, there WILL be a next time….
My ingredients made 5 waffle ‘squares’… I just divided them between 2 plates to serve. And if you are a vegetarian and don’t eat bacon, just don’t use it of course.
Makes 2 servings.
- 4 large fresh eggs
- 1 medium banana
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 1 Tbs crumbled bacon
- Blend eggs, banana and coconut flour in a medium bowl.
- Pour approximately 1/2 cup of mixture into waffle iron, or the amount recommended for your own waffle iron.
- Sprinkle with a few bits of crumbled bacon on the top.
- Cook according to instructions.
- Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve warm with a bit of syrup or fruit.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 179; Protein 14g; Carbohydrate 4g; Fat 11g; Fibre 2g.
I used my immersion blender to mash the banana and mix the ingredients.
I don’t overfill my waffle iron with batter cause I am afraid of messy cleanups!
Revmove from waffle iron and keep warm while the rest cook.
Add some topppings and get ready to dig in.