He thinks he doesn’t care for zucchini, but I think what he really doesn’t like is soft and MUSHY zucchini so I decided to bake it with a bit of lemon and olive oil… it should be a bit crisper and he does love lemon.. and he also really likes chives.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 lemon cut crosswise
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Slice it lengthwise and scoop out some of the seeds and place the pieces, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Slice the lemon as thin as you can and arrange half of the slices over each piece of zucchini .
- Drizzle the olive oil over the lemon slices, 1 tsp per zuke half.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 18 to 20 minutes – don’t let the lemon slices burn.
- Remove and sprinkle with bits of chives to serve.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 62; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 4g; Fat 5g; Fibre 2g.
This is one of those recipes where the only food item that really needs to be counted is the olive oil, which has a P+ value of 1, so you could count this dish as 1 if you prefer.
Scoop out the centre of the zuke with a small spoon.
Cover each half with lemon slices then drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper before baking.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives to serve.
The Captain was somewhat skeptical when I served this to him, but he said he really liked it and would happily have it again. Success!
What is your favorite way to prepare zucchini?