I do like the flavor that coconut flour brings to my morning cakes, but today I wanted something a little different so I added a bit of vanilla whey protein powder and ground flax to the mix. They turned out really well… nice texture and great taste.
The cake fluffs up quite nicelly, too… no need for baking powder this time.
I served it with a bit of sugar free syrup and some fresh strawberries… if I had thawed frozen berries, I wouldn’t bother with the syrup at all. You could also top these with your favorite nut butter or a bit of honey or maple syrup too.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 Tbs milled flax seed
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 1 Tbs vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites (2 egg whites)
- splash of water
- dash of cinnamon
- Mix together the flax seed, coconut flour, protein powder and egg whites in a bowl.
- Add a splash of water and cinnamon and mix again.
- Pour into a heated non-stick pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook the second side for about another 2 minutes.
- Remove to plate and serve.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 142; Protein 15g; Carbohydrate 8g; Fat 5g; Fibre 5g.
Flipped and cooking the second side.
Plated and ready to enjoy.
Do you like coconut flour pancakes?