Is there anyone out there who has not enjoyed the pleasure of eating what has become commonly known as banana soft-serve or nice-cream? You just take a frozen banana and a bit of almond or coconut milk and blend them together till creamy... lovely. I like to add flavorings to mine so this breakfast was just an extension of that idea. I added some PB2, some yogurt and some vanilla protein powder, to turn a dessert snack into a hearty cold breakfast, just right for a hot Summer morning.
I always have a few frozen bananas, peeled and cut into chunks, in a sealed container in my freezer, just waiting to toss into the food processor for quick snacks and desserts... a great way to use over-ripe bananas.
PB2 and Banana Smoothie Bowl
Makes 1 serving
- 1 small banana, peeled, cut into chunks, and frozen
- 2 Tbs PB2
- 2 Tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 3/8 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Place banana chunks in food processor or blender along with the almond milk.
- Process till smooth and creamy. Stop appliance and push ingredients down occasionally if necessary.
- Add the other ingredients and blend well.
- Remove to bowl and serve immediately.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 255; Protein 23g; Carbohydrate 38g; Fat 3g; Fibre 7g.
Too thick to drink, it needs a spoon!
Are you a smoothie-for-breakfast fan? Ever eat yours out of a bowl?