I want to try a few new things that I hope The Captain will enjoy as well. He is not always very keen on the creamy texture of plain avocado.
In the Spring and Summer when we are spending more and more time outdoors, I keep some things on hand in the refrigerator to put together quick meals. Hardboiled eggs is one of my favorite go-to items... so while I washed and cut up some greens, The Captain peeled some eggs, and our dinner came together rather quickly.
And it was wonderful! I am sharing the ingredients I used for 2 fairly large dinner salads. I think the next time I make this, I will try adding some crumbled bacon and some capers for garnish and a flavor boost.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 to 3 cups salad greens, washed and dried
- 10 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 3 or 4 thin slices of red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 mini cucumber, cut into slices
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and slices
- 1 large avocado, washed, peeled and cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/1/2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- splash of lemon juice
- Place the salad greens in 2 serving bowls and set aside
- Put the tomatoes, red onions, parsley, cucumber, eggs, and avocado in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over the eggs, etc in the mixing bowl.
- Toss gently.
- Spoon the mixture over salad greens and serve with salt a pepper to season.
Weight Watchers SP = 8. *
Saturated Fat 5g
* Using the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder (which will not add points for the onion, cucumber, tomatoes, and parsely, it comes to 8 SP. If you calculate using the N.I. it will come to 9 SP)
Not only pretty but delicious and filling too!
The Captain had some rye bread toast with his!
Tell me you love avocados too! What is your favorite way to serve them?
If you like this idea, I hope you will PIN it!