My most recent version was made with 2 tsp of olive oil instead of 1 Tbs of coconut oil... it improved the flavor significantly, I think, and certainly changed the Nutritional Information as well. And, it had no negative impact on the texture of the wrap.
I am going to keep playing with this recipe and perhaps try it with egg whites only next time. I will be sure to keep you posted!
Grain/Gluten Free Wrap, with Olive Oil
Makes 1 serving
- 3 Tbs ground flax seed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- dash of salt
- In a smallish bowl, mix together the ground flax seeds, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl combine the the olive oil, egg, and water, and blend well.
- Coat a flat microwave-safe plate with non-stick spray.
- Pour the flaxseed mixture onto the plate and spread thin. It will be about 9 or 10 inches in diameter.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes then remove and allow to rest at least 5 minutes. It will firm up a bit as it cools.
- Gently remove from the plate and flip over to fill with desired ingredients.
Weight Watchers P+= 7.
Calories 274; Protein 12g; Carbohydrate 7g; Fat 23g; Fibre 6g.
What do you think? Have you tried making your own wraps?