I shall spare you the details!
I already use coconut oil exclusively for cooking, and I have also been brushing my teeth with a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda occasionally… but now I am eating more coconut meat. And I have been adding shreds to lots of my Breakfast Bowls and mixing it in to my snacks, too.
This Coconut Chia Pudding is something I started experimenting with a while back, and I have finally tweaked it to my own satisfaction so it is ready to share. The use of the microwave oven warms the almond milk and helps it to set up the chia seeds faster… but you can leave this step out if you like… just be prepared to leave the pudding in the fridge for several hours or even overnight to set up and thicken your pudding.
Makes a single serving
- 1 Tbs shredded unsweetened coconut meat
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- dash of cinnamon
- Mix the coconut, chia, and milk together in a small microwave safe dish.
- Place in the mike and cook on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Stir in a dash of cinnamon and then chill in refrigerator for about an hour.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 112; Protein 7g; Carbohydrate 7g; Fat 14g; Fibre 7g.
I do like to have a banana with mine occasionally. I think that it would be nice made with coconut milk, too, but I haven’t tried it yet.
These are pictures of one I just took out of the fridge a couple of minutes ago!
Are you a coconut fan, too?