These are ingredients I always have on hand. I am a big fan of the Kirkland canned chunk chicken breast but you can use cold, leftover chicken breast if you happen to have some. Or, you can cook up some chicken breasts and then chill them for a couple of hours, if you prefer.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled if you are having company join you.
If you don't use artificial sweeteners, substitute 2 tsp of honey, and add 1 more P+ to your count. Or leave it out altogether.
Creamy Chicken Salad
Makes 2 servings
- 1 can Kirkland chunk chicken breast, drained (approx. 7-1/2 ounces meat)
- 2 Tbs diced green pepper
- 1 Tbs diced onion
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ fat free mayonnaise
- ½ Tbs lemon juice
- ½ Tbs white vinegar
- 1 packet of Splenda
- 2 Tbs slivered almonds
- 3 cups mixed leafy greens
- Your favorite veggies for garnish - cucumber slices, carrot sticks, snap peas, green beans
- Place the chicken, green pepper, onion, and dried cranberries in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and Splenda. Pour mixture over the salad ingredients in the mixing bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Divide the mixed leafy greens between 2 serving plates. Top the greens on each plate with half the salad mixture.
- Sprinkle each salad with 1 Tbs slivered almonds.
- Garnish with additional veggies as desired.
Per serving, without veggie garnishes *
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 267g; Protein 27g; Carbohydrate 24g; Fat 6g; Fibre 4g.
Add the dressing to the salad ingredients in the bowl.
Plate the greens, top with salad, sprinkle with almond slices.
Add some veggies for garnish and enjoy!