This makes up so easily and so quicky you will make it again and again. The basic idea came from one of my Weight Watchers buddies... the one who shared the jellied salad recipe a while back. She suggested using 1 Tbs brown sugar but I wanted to lower the P+ value somewhat so I substitued 2 packets of Splenda for it..
Use any kind of fresh fruit you like. Today I chopped up a ripe nectarine and tossed that with 1 cup of blackberries. I think mixed berries, peaches, apple, rhubarb, cherries, or even plums would be lovely.
Quick and Skinny Fruit Crisp
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups fruit of choice, cut in 1/2 chunks
- 3 packets of Splenda
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 Tbs flour, any kind
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a medium small casserol dish with non-stick spray.
- Place 2 cups of fruit in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with 1 packet of Splenda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oats, flour, cinnamon and 2 packets of Splenda.
- Cut in the butter or mix in with your fingers, till resulting mixture is crumbly.
- Spread the mixture over the fruit in the casserole dish and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until it bubbles and is golden brown.
- Serve with yogurt or a bit of light whipped topping on top.
Per serving, not including topping.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 105g; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 17g; Fat 4g; Fibre 4g.
Place your fruit in the dish you will use for baking.
Baked and topped with vanilla yogurt.