It has lots of my favorite ingredients... chocolate protein powder, cocoa, eggs, egg whites, oats and yogurt. How could I go wrong, especially now that I have found some gluten-free oats? I used the GNC Chocolate Brownie REBUILT MASS in this recipe, but I am sure any chocolate protein powder would be fine. If your batter is too thick, add a splash of Almond Breeze or fat free milk to thin it a bit.
I did make a few slight changes to the recipe I found so will share it with you as I made it. In hindsight, it is a huge serving, and when I make it again, I will make a single serving, and make 4 smaller pancakes out of it, for The Captain and I to share. The Captain actually could not finish his!
I know that vanilla-flavored Stevia is not an easy ingredient to come by, so if you don't have it, use a bit of vanilla extract, and a bit of sweetener of your choice. I like to put syrup on my pancakes so I don't make the batter very sweet at all. And I also topped it all with some fresh blackberries from our last picking adventure.
Oreo Protein Pancakes
Makes 6 pancakes and 1 cup filling.
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tbs cocoa
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 10 drops vanilla Stevia
- 1 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 5 drops vanilla Stevia
- In a medium to large bowl, beat the pancake ingredients till frothy with your blender or immersion blender.
- Lightly coat a skillet with non-stick spray and place over MEDIUM heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out batter for each pancake. Pour into heated pan and cook about 2 minutes per side and then remove to plate to keep warm while the rest are cooking.
- Stir the batter between scooping out for each pancake because the oats will fall to the bottom of the mixture as it is quite wet. Repeat spray on skillet if necessary between cakes.
- While the cakes are cooking, stir the filling ingredients together in a medium bowl and refrigerate.
- After the 6 pancakes are cooked, place one one each of 2 plates. Put a couple of spoonfuls of the filling on top and spread a bit. Repeat with 2nd and 3rd cakes.
- Garnish with fruit if desired and a bit of syrup or honey. Serve immediately.
Per serving of 3 pancakes and 1/2 cup filling, not including fruit and syryp.
Weight Watchers P+ = 9.
Calories 344; Protein 27g; Carbohydrate 38g; Fat 10g; Fibre 5g.
1/4 cup of the batter per cake...
and flipped to cook second side.
Garnished and ready to devour!
Whaddya think? Chocolate pancakes... yea or nay?