Monday, October 01, 2012

Pinning Recipes... Better Than Bookmarks!

I found Pinterest many months ago and admit to having spent a few hours there, surfing through thousands of pages when looking for furniture and decorating ideas while were in the throes of setting up our new apartment earlier this year.

I have created a few boards that are basically wishlists and inspirational posters and also one for craft ideas.

But the most useful application to me... the one that I use Pinterest for very often, is to keep track of recipes that I want to try.  I have a Gluten-Free board, a Wheat-Free board and a couple of others where I Pin pretty pictures of recipes I might like to try.  And I do refer to it from time to time for ideas... I don't always follow them to the letter, but at least they give me a place to start.

Here are some examples of Pins I have used, either for (p)inspiration or for a to-the-letter recipe, that also led to a blog post.



 Wheatfree Recipes from Ireland - Wheat-Free Potato Bread
 
This led to my post:
 
 

 
 
Pinned Image
 


 
Gourmet Runner: EASY Coconut Chicken Curry  This looks wonderful.
Coconut Chicken Curry

This led to my post:

 
Pinned Image
 
Pinning these pictures and links on a board gives me a better visual recall than 'bookmarking' them in my web browser. 
 
Do you Pin?  What is your favorite way to use Pinterest?

4 comments:

  1. Elle, I am JUST like you! I have shelves full of cookbooks, but to be honest, it takes too long to find what I'm looking for most weeknights. I use Pinterest almost exclusively as a virtual recipe file. I can easily remember that I pinned a recipe about XXX and can always find it when I need it!

    Only trick is making sure I don't spill ingredients on my laptop when it's sitting open to a recipe I'm making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take some of those crepes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I pin! Only, your recipes are usually the pretty ones I am pinning. I LOVE using Pinterest for recipes and agree with you - I find that the most useful thing of all. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.