They were wonderful! And while I was in the kitchen, cooking away, The Captain was checking his email in the bedroom and he called out to me about the lovely aroma coming from the kitchen.
Give them a try... and perhaps use pumpkin pie spice in place of cinnamon for even more flavor! And use your favorite protein powder.... I know that soy or egg will work well here too.
I served them with a bit of maple syrup... Mmmmm. Fall in Canada, yup! I used to make 4 pancakes out of this batter but now I just make 2 larger ones. It gets breakfast on the table faster.
Flourless Whey Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Makes 2 servings
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 Tbs vanilla unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 Tbs ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- In a medium bowl, mix the protein powder, egg whites, Almond Breeze, flax seeds, canned pumpkin, and cinnamon
- Stir until well combined. The mixture should not be too thick... add a tsp or 2 of water if it is.
- Coat a saucepan with non-stick spray and set over MEDIUM heat. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into the warm pan and spread till it is a circle about 7 - 8 inches in diameter.
- Let cook several minutes. You will see a bit of bubbling from underneath and the batter should lose its shine as it cooks. Leave till most the shine is gone and then gently flip over. Cook a couple of minutes more.
- Remove pancake to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Cook the second pancake in the same manner.
- Top with your choice of syrup to serve.
Per serving, without topping.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 211; Protein 32g; Carbohydrate 10g; Fat 4g; Fibre 4g.
Mixing up all the ingredients.
Look at the color of the raw batter.
And the cooked!
Nice fluffy texture. Yummo!
Do you love pancakes too?