Wednesday, November 21, 2012

#Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies


I haven't baked anything sweet for what seems like ages, and lately The Captain has been hinting that he would really like me to make some cookies.

I made these up because there was a cup of canned pumpkin in the fridge that I wanted to use up and thought they would fill his need for a sweet... well, they didn't quite, unfortunately. But I really like them so I am going to share them with you anyway.

They are not very sweet.  The Captain actually ended up putting a little dab of apricot jam on his and then he did enjoy them... and whilte the last few were baking I was thinking about how I could salvage them and I realized that they might really benefit from a bit of sweetened Laughing Cow Cheese.  So I did try that with a couple and it was quite delicious! 

One wedge of the cheese, sweetened with a bit of Stevia or Splenda will easily perk up 6 cookies.  I didn't include it in the N.I. but overall, it won't make much difference.





Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
Makes 22 drop cookies.
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup fat free milk milk
  • 1/4 cup honey
  1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir till combined.
  3. Using a Tbs measure spoon, drop the batter onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  You can bake a bit longer if you would like a crispier cookie.
  5. Remove to a baking rack and let them cool for 5 minutes or so before eating or a bit longer if you are adding the 'icing'.
Per cookie.
Weight Watchers P+ = 1.
Calories 44; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 4g; Fat 3g; Fibre 1g.

Mix all ingredients together.
 

Drop onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
 

Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool.


If you like, put a bit of sweetened Laughing Cow cheese on the top of each one.








6 comments:

  1. you completely had me and my thanksgiving at GLUTEN FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for this recipe since you mentioned it earlier this month!

    I will make them sometime this week - tomorrow perhaps or maybe right now Hmmm.

    I have cinnamon flavoured laughing cow cheese that I bought when cross border shopping, bet that would be excellent on your cookies!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gluten free? Adding the ingredients to my list for a quick trip to the grocery store. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I would be afraid I would eat them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! i think i have all of the ingredients at my house! i definitely have to keep these in mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.