So I decided to make something like the Banana Protein Cake, but I used 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree instead of a whole banana, and also added some more spices. It was delicious.... like having pumpkin pie for breakfast. Of course you can halve the ingredients if you like.
I suggest cooking it in 2 stages to make sure it is not running over the edges of the microwave dish during cooking. If you just set it for 3 minutes and leave it, it is likely to end up on the bottom of your microwave oven!
Pumpkin Protein Cake
Makes 2 servings.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 2 Tbs almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Mix all the ingredients together and place in a shallow microwaves-safe dish that has been lightly coated with a non-stick spray.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Then cook on HIGH 1 minute more.
- Remove from the mike and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide between 2 bowls and top as desired.
Per serving, without toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 175; Protein 19g; Carbohydrate 14g; Fat 8g; Fibre 7g.
Stir everything together in a large bowl.
The batter should be fairly thick.
Let it rest and finish cooking after it comes out of the mike.
Place half into a cute serving dish and top... vanilla yogurt and pepitas for The Captain.
and for me, too.