Wednesday, January 02, 2013

The Liebster Award

A few weeks ago I was nominated for the Liebter Award by Karey at Nutty About Health and I have been holding off writing my blog post about it till now... wanted to make it part of my year end wrap up.

I am really happy to have received this award from Karey, whom I became familiar with this past Fall during Anna Wootton's  #healthybreakfastchallenge Twitter campaign.  You may be familiar with Anna's blog,  The Guiltless Life,  too.


So what is the Liebster Award?


Well, it’s a nice, friendly way for bloggers to recognize each other and reach out and get to know each other better, along with our readers.

Liebster is a German word, which usually means “dearest”, or “beloved,” so I’m feeling pretty special as well as loved right about now!

This award comes along with a few rules:
  1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the 11 questions by the person who nominated you.
  3. Create 11 new questions.
  4. Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
  5. Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.

I always have trouble coming up with new things to reveal about myself, without boring everyone to tears.... here goes:

  1. I am a prairie girl at heart.  Even though we live on the ocean now, I was raised in Calgary and when we drive East through Rocky Mountains, and I can see big blue sky and open fields, I always let out a big sigh, and feel very elated and free. Wide open spaces really appeal to me.
  2. I am dog crazy.  I will stop you on the street and ask to pet your dog. So, if you see me coming, you may want to cross the street!
  3. I love to cook.  And I love to eat what I cook!
  4. I love to travel and explore new places.  I am game for just about anything but caves.
  5. I am afraid of bats. I don't know why, they appear very odd looking to me and I am sorry about it, but I really dislike them.
  6. My very favorite color is aqua... reminds me of the sea, and the sky and the coldest ice you can find. 
  7. I appear to have a short attention span and to be quite fickle... it is just that I want to experience everything there is so I feel there is no time to be wasted!
  8. I was a Daddy's girl.
  9. My favorite flowers have always been daisies and violets.
  10. I  love silence. When I am alone I never turn on the radio, or TV or the stereo. I never wear earbuds when I run. I don't chatter a lot.
  11. I think sleep is a necessary waste of  my time!

Ok, now for the questions Karey asked:
  1. If you had to choose one, chocolate or PB? Chocolate
  2. What is your biggest accomplishment? Running a half marathon in May of 2012
  3. What is one thing that you’re very afraid of? Caves
  4. Coffee or tea? Both
  5. Do you blog on a Mac or PC? PC
  6. Favorite TV show? Revenge/Big Bang Theory
  7. Dogs, cats, or neither? Dogs, cats, all animals (but bats)
  8. What is your favorite brand of nut butter? Marinatha Almond Butter
  9. Best place you’ve ever visited? Disney World
  10. What’s your favorite restaurant? Shogun (Japanese)
  11. Favorite type of workout? Running

And here are my 11 questions:

  1. What is your favorite name for a girl?  boy?
  2. What is your favorite dish to prepare for company?
  3. Where did you grow up?
  4. Favorite childhood food?
  5. Favorite logo?
  6. Best toy you ever had?
  7. Wine, yay or nay?
  8. What was the first vehicle you ever drove?
  9. Bike or walk?
  10. Favorite music genre?
  11. First chilhood memory?
And just to be a bit of a rebel, instead of naming my 11 Liebster Award nominees, I am hoping that when YOU read this post, you will accept this Liebter Award from me, answer my 11 questions, and carry on the tradition of the award on your blog, too.


Thanks so much to Karey for having me take part... it was fun!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh aqua...sea and sky. Could not agree more, it is beautiful. This was so much fun to read! I will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! We have so much in common, my friend. Love of dogs, I'm a daddy's girl too, I don't run with music, I love aqua....so glad to call you my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.