I am really happy to have received this award from Karey, whom I became familiar with this past Fall during Anna Wootton's #healthybreakfastchallenge Twitter campaign. You may be familiar with Anna's blog, The Guiltless Life, too.
So what is the Liebster Award?
Well, it’s a nice, friendly way for bloggers to recognize each other and reach out and get to know each other better, along with our readers.
Liebster is a German word, which usually means “dearest”, or “beloved,” so I’m feeling pretty special as well as loved right about now!
This award comes along with a few rules:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.
I always have trouble coming up with new things to reveal about myself, without boring everyone to tears.... here goes:
- I am a prairie girl at heart. Even though we live on the ocean now, I was raised in Calgary and when we drive East through Rocky Mountains, and I can see big blue sky and open fields, I always let out a big sigh, and feel very elated and free. Wide open spaces really appeal to me.
- I am dog crazy. I will stop you on the street and ask to pet your dog. So, if you see me coming, you may want to cross the street!
- I love to cook. And I love to eat what I cook!
- I love to travel and explore new places. I am game for just about anything but caves.
- I am afraid of bats. I don't know why, they appear very odd looking to me and I am sorry about it, but I really dislike them.
- My very favorite color is aqua... reminds me of the sea, and the sky and the coldest ice you can find.
- I appear to have a short attention span and to be quite fickle... it is just that I want to experience everything there is so I feel there is no time to be wasted!
- I was a Daddy's girl.
- My favorite flowers have always been daisies and violets.
- I love silence. When I am alone I never turn on the radio, or TV or the stereo. I never wear earbuds when I run. I don't chatter a lot.
- I think sleep is a necessary waste of my time!
Ok, now for the questions Karey asked:
- If you had to choose one, chocolate or PB? Chocolate
- What is your biggest accomplishment? Running a half marathon in May of 2012
- What is one thing that you’re very afraid of? Caves
- Coffee or tea? Both
- Do you blog on a Mac or PC? PC
- Favorite TV show? Revenge/Big Bang Theory
- Dogs, cats, or neither? Dogs, cats, all animals (but bats)
- What is your favorite brand of nut butter? Marinatha Almond Butter
- Best place you’ve ever visited? Disney World
- What’s your favorite restaurant? Shogun (Japanese)
- Favorite type of workout? Running
And here are my 11 questions:
- What is your favorite name for a girl? boy?
- What is your favorite dish to prepare for company?
- Where did you grow up?
- Favorite childhood food?
- Favorite logo?
- Best toy you ever had?
- Wine, yay or nay?
- What was the first vehicle you ever drove?
- Bike or walk?
- Favorite music genre?
- First chilhood memory?
Thanks so much to Karey for having me take part... it was fun!