But Valentine's Day really requires some special sweet to mark the occasion so, I came up with these Fruit and Nut Ginger Ballz and they are delicious… very similar to a Ginger Snap Larabar, in flavor, but a bit milder. I love them. The Trader Joe’s uncrystallized candied ginger that I used does have some sugar so if you prefer you could use about 1 Tbs of raw grated ginger root instead. Of course that would change the N.I.
Now these are a generous size, so you could make them half the size if you want a two-bite style treat, or you could share one with your Valentine!
Fruit and Nut Ginger Ballz
Makes 14 balls
- 5 ounces dates (about 1 cup)
- 4.5 ounces raw cashews (about 1 cup)
- ounces raisins (about 3/8 cup)
- 1 ounce candied ginger (about 2 Tbs)
- Place all the ingredients into your food processor and run till the nut pieces are quite small and the mixture clumps together.
- Run warm water over your hands and use your wet fingers to form 14 golf ball sized ballz.
- Keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze them and then allow to thaw before eating.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 103; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 15g; Fat 4g; Fibre 1g.
Dough will clump when it has been processed long enough.
Roll into 14 golf ball sized balls.