Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Another Hot Grainfree ‘Cereal’


I haven’t been eating grains for a few months now, but every once in a while I get a yen for a bowl of hot cereal in the morning. 

In the past I would have whipped up a pot of my Hot Flax ‘Cereal’ but I wanted something that didn’t have any protein powder in it either… I came up with this and we were both pleasantly surprised.

The Captain is a good guinea pig, but sometimes his enthusiasm is somewhat lacking... I am always very happy when he is surprised in a good way!  He approached this bowl very tentatively, I must admit, but ended up finishing it with great relish and asked if there was more!


Feb 27 Paleo hot cereal 002


Hot  Grainfree  ‘Cereal’
Makes 2 servings
  • 1 medium banana
  • 2 Tbs gluten-free milled flax seeds
  • 2 Tbs almond flour
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 1/4 cup light coconut milk
Toppings:
  • 1 Tbs shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 2 Tbs raisins to sprinkle on the top
  1. Mash the banana in a medium bowl.
  2. Add the flax, almond flour, egg whites, and coconut milk and beat well.
  3. Pour the mixture into a saucepan over MEDIUM heat, and bring to a very gentle boil, stirring continuously to avoid burning. It will take about 5 or 6 minutes and will thicken as it cooks.
  4. Remove to 2 serving bowls and sprinkle each with 1/2 Tbs of shredded unsweetened coconut and 1 Tbs raisins.

Per serving with toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 235; Protein 11g; Carbohydrate 26g; Fat 10g; Fibre 5g.

2 comments:

  1. That looks DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby never wants to try my stuff either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the creativity! :) This looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.