Thursday, June 13, 2013

Paleo Pops are Tops!

These tasty frozen pops are chock full of antioxidants and just the perfect icy treat for a hot Summery day.  The original recipe is in a book I am reading called The Protein Power Plan, but I did make a little change so will share how I put them together.

These freezer molds are great!  I won them from spabettie last year and use them a lot.

They hold a total of 3 cups.  If you plan to make some pops for yourself, you will want to measure your molds and then adjust the amounts of the ingredients accordingly.  When I made them, I didn’t put enough water in the food processor, so I just added some more to the mixture once it was in the molds and then stirred it a bit.


June 11 Paleo Pops 002


Paleo  Pops
  • 2 cups frozen berry mixture (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)
  • 1-1/2 cups water
  • bit of Stevia (this is optional of course)
  1. Place water and berries into a heavy-duty blender and process until smooth and thick.
  2. Pour into freezer pop molds and freeze overnight.
Mine came out to about 23 calories each… and of course they are zero PointsPlus for my Weight Watchers buddies. 

June 11 Paleo Pops 001

June 11 Paleo Pops 003

The authors suggest that you use a mixture of frozen and fresh berries, if you have some on hand.

Do you make your own freezer pops?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.