Saturday, October 12, 2013

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving!  Our holiday is on Monday, October 14th… and all across the country, Canadians will be sitting down to traditional turkey dinners.  Oh yes, I know, that some celebrate with other special meals, but most commonly, we think of turkey and pumpkin pie at this time of year!

Most of us will celebrate the traditional holiday on Sunday or Monday… and everyone who enjoys the beauty of our land, and the privileges that being Canadian affords, will truly have something for which to be thankful.  Here is one of my recent favorite moments….

Sept 18 Marolyn and Don visit 006

This is my sister and brother-in-law from Calgary (why yes he is a cowboy) with The Captain and me, just about to enjoy a ride in carriage drawn by Betty, who is a 23 year old Belgian mare. It was so much fun. 

I have lots of recipes on the blog about turkey dinners, and various dressings, and some cranberry sauces, and pumpkin desserts so if you are interested, here are only a few links.





Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family

What are you giving Thanks for today?

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I am envious that your Thanksgiving is on MONDAY! I love the holiday SOO SOOO SOOO much! :) Eat tons of turkey for me, and make chestnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Elle! I feel like my family never really celebrated until we went to university. Since that was always the first weekend home, it became kind of a big deal :) Enjoy the holiday and the long weekend!

    p.s. I love making orange cranberry sauce!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.