Pork and Zucchini Meatballs in Lettuce Cups is an easy weeknight dinner. It all comes together very quickly and the biggest decision will be what to serve with it. I made up some fried rice for The Captain and he was really happy with the result!
Look for the leanest pork you can find. And if you can, look for some Bibb lettuce. The cups will be smaller. I had Romaine on hand so used that. I also used a sweet chili sauce and fat free Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise… if I had homemade mayo on had, I would have preferred that.
We ate only half of the meatballs and I saved the others for lunch later this week.
Makes 4 servings (4 meatballs each)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice powder
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 Tbs mirin or sushi seasoning or rice vinegar
- Mix the ground pork, shredded zucchini, Chinese 5 Spice powder and dash of salt together in a bowl.
- Place the coconut oil in a large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
- Scoop the meat mixture out in 2-Tbs size meatballs and set them in a single layer in the skillet. You should have 16 meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides then cover and reduce heat to LOW. Leave to cook about 7 or 8 minutes till juices run clear.
- Arrange 2 lettuce cups on each of 4 plates.
- Combine the mayonnaise and chili sauce in a small bowl.
- Combine the shredded carrot and mirin in another small bowl.
- When the meatballs are cooked, place 2 in each lettuce cup and top with chili-mayo and carrots to serve.
Weight Watchers P+ = 9.
Calories 347; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 7g; Fat 26g; Fibre 2g.
What do you think? Is this something you might try?