I bet you could substitute cooked pumpkin or other squash for the banana in this recipe quite easily, if you like.
You will want to have your patience cap on when you make these pancakes. They take a wee bit longer to cook than a pancake made from a flour batter does. Just a wee bit, but still, when you are hungry… noticeable.
Hemp Protein and Banana Pancakes
Makes 1 serving of 2 pancakes
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 Tbs egg white
- 1 Tbs almond milk
- 2 Tbs hemp protein powder.
- dash of cinnamon
- Mash half of a ripe banana in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg whites and beat with a fork to combine with the mashed banana.
- Add the almond milk, hemp protein powder and the cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Set a non-stick pan over MEDIUM heat on the stove and when it has warmed up, spoon half of the batter into the pan. Allow to cook until edges are set and bubbles appear throughout, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Flip over and cook the second side for about 3 minutes.
- Remove to plate and cover to keep warm while cooking the second pancake in the same manner.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 190; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 23g; Fat 3g; Fibre 9g.