The Captain wanted some shrimp for dinner so I used my Seafoood Sauce for Pasta as the base, and added a couple of wedges of Laughing Cow cheese to it. The cheese makes it taste richer, and feel creamier in your mouth... and of course I used shrimp instead of the crab in my original recipe.
Shrimp in Light 'Alfredo' Sauce Over Linguini
Makes 2 servings
- 4 ounces linguni, dry weight
- 6 ounces of frozen shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 green onions, sliced very thin
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tbs white flour
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese
- 2 Tbs shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- When pasta is almost cooked, start the sauce by melting butter in medium-sized saute pan over low to medium heat.
- After butter has melted, add the onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and butter and stir to blend.
- When the flour and butter are combined, add milk and whisk till smooth. The sauce will thicken as it cooks. Don't be tempted to turn the heat up higher as it may burn the sauce.
- As the sauce gets thicker, add cheese wedges, shrimp, and tomatoes to it. Stir to melt the cheese.
- When sauce has thickened to your liking remove it from the heat.
- Divide pasta between 2 plates and cover each serving with half of the sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs parmesan cheese over each plate and serve immediately.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 182; Protein 21g; Carbohydrate 13g; Fat 6g; Fibre 1g.