Friday, October 07, 2011

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

For more than 20 years, the observance of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month each October has provided a time to reflect on loved ones who have won and lost the battle against breast cancer. It's also an opportunity to raise awareness toward finding a cure, including encouraging women to get a regular mammography screening.


We don't have to look too far in our own lives to find a family member, or a friend whose life has been touched by breast cancer somehow.

I did some research to see if there is a link between breast cancer and the foods we eat.  I found this information and wanted to share it here.

10 Super Foods to Fight Breast Cancer

Source: http://www.thebeehive.org/health/health-e-checkup/breast-self-exam-its-free-simple-and-lifesaver/10-super-foods-fight-breast-cancer

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! This is a great post with good advice. I need to eat more Salmon and Flax! I am pretty good at eating my veggies and berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandmother died of breast cancer, so it has touched my family directly.

    I do love the idea of nourishing our bodies to help prevent future illness. What does in and how much you move, makes a huge difference in your future health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this and bringing out more awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing I love all of those foods - now just to eat more of them! Thanks for a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super interesting! As some one in the high-risk group, I really should know stuff like this :P Thanks so much for the education :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such important advice for every woman. And so many of those foods are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.