Monday, May 21, 2012

Peanut Butter and Oat Ballz with Raisins... Mmmmm.

Happy Victoria Day to all of my Canadian friends.  This  has always been my favorite stat holiday as it is often on my birthday, which actually is May 24th... and now living in Victoria makes it even more special.  The annual parade is so fun... unfortunately this year the weatherman didn't cooperate!

The people we have been house and kitty sitting for since the middle of December came home yesterday.  Last Sunday, Mother's Day, we ran a half marathon, and on Monday we started moving our things into our own little nest... leaving the pantry pretty much bare of everything except the essentials I think we needed for the next several days.

But on Friday afternoon, I decided a treat was in order so I looked to see what I could come up with, and I found a few ingredients and put together some raw Peanut Butter and Oat Ballz.  Just the right sweet to enjoy out on the deck in the sunshine with an afternoon coffee.  If your oats are gluten free then these cookies will be, too.

I had chunky peanut butter on hand, but smooth would be fine, and you could use almond butter or sunflower butter too.  Just make sure it is at room temperature so it will blend easily with the other ingredients.

I used honey and liquified it in the microwave oven because I had already packed my agave nectar.

Store the leftovers in the fridge or the freezer so they will hold their shape.



Peanut Butter and Oat Ballz
Makes 13 ballz
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup quick (not instant) oats
  • 2 Tbsp liquid honey
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  1. Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl until well-blended.
  2. Put the bowl into the fridge for a bout half an hour to cool the dough... it is easier to handle when cool.
  3. Using a scoop, or a melon-baller, or a spoon, portion the dough into ballz and roll in your hands to shape.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 100; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 11g; Fat 5g; Fibre 1g.

Put all ingredients into a medium bowl.


Blend well and then refrigerate for about half hour.


Portion doug and roll into 13 ballz.


Chocolate chips would be good too!



    3 comments:

    1. OMGosh yum.
      We shall enjoy here too.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Looks so good! My kids would love those minus the raisins! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Did you say Peanut Butter?! Yummm-eh!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for leaving me a comment.