And he does love lemon, so I decided to bake some chicken breasts with lemons and it seems to have been a good idea because he really loved it.
It was very easy to put together too. You can adjust the ingredients for the number of servings you want to make.
Simple Lemon Chicken
Makes 2 serving
- 2 raw (not frozen) chicken breasts, 4 ounces each
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 thin slice of onion
- Dashes of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- Prepare a baking pan by coating it with non-stick spray.
- Place chicken breasts in the pan and spread 1/2 tsp of olive oil over the top of each.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of lemon juice over the breasts and then sprinkle salt and pepper on the top.
- Cover each chicken breast with thin slices of lemon and onion rings.
- Pour the water around the breasts in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 194; Protein 25g; Carbohydrate 3g; Fat 9g; Fibre 1g.
I covered my baking pan with foil and then coated with non-stick spray for easier cleanup.
Baked chicken served with brown rice and peas. Mmmmm.