Happy Canada Day!
Canada is turning 145 today! And Canadians across the country and around the world will be decked out in red and white to celebrate!
And we will be eating red and white foods too… angel cake with strawberries was always a family favorite to top off a barbecue or picnic.
I am not eating wheat right now, so no angel cake for me, but I did make some Frozen Vanilla Protein Pops… red and white, and so tasty. A lovely cold and guilt-free treat for a warm Summer day. Do give them a try.
My 6 frozen pop moulds have a volume of about 2 cups… measure yours by filling them with water and then emptying them into a measuring container to find out the volume and then alter the ingredients accordingly.
Frozen Vanilla Protein Pops
Makes 2 cups total – in 6 frozen moulds
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
- Dash of Stevia or Splenda (optional)
- 4 – 6 small fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- Blend the protein powder, Almond Breeze, yogurt, and sweetener, if using.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds till each is about half full.
- Cut the strawberries into slivers and place the pieces into the moulds.
- Add the remaining liquid to each mould. If any are not completely full, top off with a bit more Almond Breeze.
- Freeze the moulds for several hours.
Per serving, 1/6th of whole recipe.
Weight Watchers P+ = 1.
Calories 57; Protein 9g; Carbohydrate 3g; Fat 1g; Fibre0 g.
Fill the moulds and then place them in the freezer for several hours
To eat, remove from the base … you may need to put them in a bit of tepid water for a minute or two to loosen.
After a few bites, pieces of frozen strawberry become apparent… this is a really tasty treat!