It is also gluten and grain free.
If you are following the Paleo Diet, where you eat no grains and no dairy, this would work very well for you.... just leave out the yogurt topping and add only fruit as a topping or fruit and some nuts.
Makes 2 hearty servings.
- 1 banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 Tbs ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- Mash banana in a large bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients and stir till combined.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan.
- Set over MEDIUM heat and stir until the mixture thickens and doubles in volume - about 7 or 8 minutes.
- Divide between 2 bowls and top with your favorites to serve... yogurt, berries or other fruit.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 126; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 4g; Fat 4g; Fibre 2g.
Mash the banana but don't liquify it!
Pour mixture into saucepan and set over MEDIUM heat and stir constantly so it doesn't burn on the bottom of the pan.
It will thicken and plump considerably as the egg whites cook.\
Place in serving bowl and top with fruit and/or yogurt. Lovely!