The addition of Greek yogurt not only adds a luscious creaminess to the taste of this dish, but it adds protein which makes it much more satisfying, and for longer.
The nutritional information is going to depend on the type of bread and yogurt you choose but this will give you an idea of how many Points Plus it might contain. I did include the fruit I used. I used a hearty Dempster's mulitgrain bread, and Chobani Greek yogurt.... one kiwi, about 2/3 cup of sliced fresh strawberries, and 1/3 cup of frozen/thawed blueberries and blackberries.
Baked French Toast with Fruit and Greek Yogurt
Makes 2 servings
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar free syrup
- fresh or frozen/thawed fruit of your choice
- 1/2 cup 2% Plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Coat a baking dish large enough to hold 4 slices bread, with non-stick spray. Lay the bread slices in the dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, eggs, and syrup and pour over the bread slices in the baking dish, making sure each slice of bread is coated with the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and divide the 4 slices of bread between 2 serving plates.
- Garnish with the fruit and yogurt, and pour a bit more syrup over top, if desired.
Weight Watchers P+ = 11.
Calories 430; Protein 21g; Carbohydrate 65g; Fat 11g; Fibre 9g.
Lay bread slices in prepared pan. I could only fit 2 in a pan so used 2 pans.
While toast is baking, prepare your fruit.
It will be golden and crunchy when it is baked.
The underside will have more egg mixture baked on it and will be darker. Serve either side up, as you prefer.
Top the bread slices with fruit and yogurt.
Drizzle with a bit more syrup if you like.
And prepare to hear lots of compliments!