Sunday, February 05, 2012

Delicious Yogurt Pie to Celebrate Our Wedding Anniversary

Today The Captain and I are celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary... and I wanted to make a special treat for him today...  but I didn't want to spend hours in the kitchen doing it cause we have so many things planned for the day.

I decided to put together a yogurt pie. It is easy and delicious and can be as Points Plus friendly as you like! For this one, I made a graham cracker crust, and after baking it, left it in on the counter to cool for about an hour. Then I filled it with some Chobani fat free Strawberry yogurt, and topped it with a few raspberries and put it in the fridge till I served it. Mmmmmm!


Happy Anniversary, Dear Captain!

Graham cracker pie crusts are so versatile and easy.  Just the right thing to fancy up a pudding or a serving of fruit and yogurt.

This is the way I make mine when I want a good sized one for a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.



Graham Cracker Pie Crust
  • 1 cup graham crumbs
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  1. Stir all the ingredients together well in a medium bowl, then pour into a pie plate.
  2. Press over the bottom and sides evenly, with you finger tips.
  3. If you need a prepared crust to complete your dish, bake this crust in a preheated oven at 350°F for 8 minutes. 
The whole crust.
Weight Watchers P+ = 25.
Calories 917; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 105g; Fat 54g; Fibre 5g.

Usually a pie is divided into 8 or 9 pieces so that makes the N.I. as follows:

Per serving of 1/9th of pie crust.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 102; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 12g; Fat 6g; Fibre 1g.

Per serving of 1/8th of pie crust.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 115; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 13g; Fat 7g; Fibre 1g.


Add your prepared filling to the baked and cooled crust... or if your filling needs to be cooked, add it to unbaked crust and then pop into the oven.


Chill till serving time... can hardly wait!



3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Never thought to use Greek yogurt in a pie this like but Chobani is so thick - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AWESOME! Elle you are a genius. Seriously, you know I mean every word. Never have I wanted to meet someone more. I can tell you are so cool - you know your stuff!

    maybe I'll win your giveaway and be able to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! That yogurt pie looks good. I bet a plain Greek yogurt mixed with some peanut butter would be delish as a pie filling too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.