I wanted to make something with these colors as a treat for The Captain
I decided to try some cake mix cookies using colored sprinkles in them. I know that cake mix cookies are really popular right now but I hadn't ever tried one. All of the recipes I found had way too much fat in them for my liking so I put this together and crossed my fingers that they would be all right.
They turned out so well and are delicious! Perhaps tooooo delicious.... but if you can handle having a cookie or two, go ahead and indulge. They are so easy and make up really quickly. And if you like, put them in the freezer to get them out of sight.
I did some where I put additional sprinkles on the cookies as I formed them and put them on the baking sheet. And then I did a batch without doing that and they are just as good... just no crunch of extra, unmelted sprinkles as you bite into them.
If you don't want to bother with that, cause the dough is rather sticky, just mix the whole cup of sprinkles into the dough.
Pretty Spring Cake Mix Cookies
Makes 38 cookies
- 1 single white cake mix, 517 g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup rainbow-colored sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Line a large cookie shee with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix and baking powder together.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, egg, egg whites, and water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir till combined.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of sprinkles and mix well. Place the other 1/3 cup sprinkles into a small bowl.
- To make the cookies, use a 1 Tbs measure to scoop dough and lightly coat with sprinkles from the small bowl. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then remove to baking rack to cool.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 81; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 13g; Fat 3g; Fibre 2g.
Mix cake mix with baking powder and stir till well-combined and there are no clumps.
Mix oil with egg, egg whites, and water.
Add wet to dry and mix well.
and stir well. It will be sticky.
Scoop dough by the tablespoonful to make cookies and coat with more sprinkles if you like.
Round a bit and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
They are very soft when first taken from the oven. Remove to a backing rack to cool.
They do firm up when cooled.
This batch did not have extra sprinkles added before baking.
They are softer in color and texture.
Side by side, one without added sprinkles, one with added sprinkles.