These pancakes have a nice light texture and taste really good... if you don't use Splenda, just leave it out. And, of course you can use any milk you like *. I used Vanilla Almond Breeze, so if you use a regular milk, you may want to add an additional teaspoon of vanilla exract.
Whole Wheat and Ground Flax Pancakes
Makes 2 servings of 2 pancakes each
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 packets Splenda
- 1 Tbs ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbs Almond Breeze
- 2 Tbs fat free Plain Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients together in a separate, small bowl. (I use a measuring cup)
- Preheat your skillet or griddle and coat with a non-stick spray.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and blend... do not overmix.
- Ladle the batter into the pan with a 1/4-cup measure.
- Let cook about 2 to 2-1/2 minutes. The edges should be dry and the middle still shiny but showing bubbles from underneath.
- Flip the pancake and cook the same amount of time on the other side.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm while you repeat the process to make 3 more pancakes.
- Place 2 pancakes on each plate and serve with your favorite syrup or toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 155; Protein 8g; Carbohydrates 23g; Fat 3g; Fibre 3g.
* Note: Using other milks and other yogurts will alter the nutritional information.
Combing wet ingredients in a measuring cup saves a bit of work.
If the batter thickens too much as it rests, add water 1 Tbs at a time, to thin it out.
The pancake is ready to flip when the edges are dry and you see bubbles coming from underneath... it will probably take at least 2 minutes.
Cook the second side the same amount of time, then remove and keep warm.
This recipe makes 2 servings of 2 fluffy cakes each.