I like mine with with sweet potatoes, or cauliflower rice… and a variety of squashes… spaghetti, kabocha, and acorn. And roasted veggies are great too.
The Captain likes his with white potatoes or some kind of pasta. He also loves it spooned over a warm crusty roll of some kind, or even just toast.
My most recent and simplest creation, which we both really love, is done with dark balsamic vinegar, garlic, and onions. I have made it with these ingredients in the past, but it required a second step to make a separate sauce to serve with it. Not this time.
I made a double batch and we are thoroughly enjoying it. Hope you like it too. If you prefer a more vinegary flavor, add a spoonful or two more. You can even drizzle some over the pork as you serve it if you like.
Makes 10 servings
- 1 pork loin, about 2.5 pounds
- 1 medium onion, cut vertically, about 1 cup
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
- 1/4 cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Dashes of salt and pepper
- Coat the bottom of your crock pot with a light spritz of a non-stick spray for easy clean up.
- Place half the onions,and garlic on the bottom of the pot.
- Set the pork loin on top and then sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pork with the rest of the onions, and garlic.
- Mix the water and vinegar together and then drizzle over the pork loins.
- Put lid on the crock pot and cook on LOW for 6 or 7 hours.
- Stir everything together pulling apart the pork roast as you do so.
- Serve warm.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 168; Protein 25g; Carbohydrate 2g; Fat 6g; Fibre 0g.
After pulling and shreddin, still in the slow cooker.