Tuesday, August 06, 2013

More Grain Free and Gluten Free Coconout Flour Pancakes

This is just another little tweak to my favorite coconut flour pancakes.

I first made them with whole eggs and coconut flour, a bit of water, vanilla, and some cinnamon.  Then I subbed egg whites for one of the eggs.  But, lately I have been making them without whole eggs at all… just egg whites.

The coconut flour makes a fairly heavy batter, and I think using egg whites instead of whole eggs lightens the pancakes up quite a bit and you likely won’t need to thin it with water.

I have been enjoying mine with a half cup of fresh blueberries added to the batter before cooking… and then another half cup sprinkled over the top as I eat them.  And I have discovered there is no need for syrup with the sweet berries!  The berries here are large and luscious right now.  Mmmmm.....

July 31 coconut flour pancakes blueberries 001

Coconut Flour Pancakes
Makes 1 large pancake
  • 2 Tbs coconut flour
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp or more of vanilla
  1. Mix the ingredients together very well in a medium bowl and then pour the batter into a prepared skillet.
  2. Cook over MEDIUM heat for 4 or 5 minutes till bubbles appear in the batter and the edges are somewhat dry.
  3. Flip and cook the other side.
  4. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Per serving without toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 121; Protein 15g; Carbohydrate 11g; Fat 1g; Fibre 6g.


Have you tried cooking with coconut flour yet?

Are you a fan of fresh blueberries?

4 comments:

  1. Those look delish. I have not tried coconut flour yet but look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definately give these a try once I complete this months Whole30!! Hope the wild blueberries will still be in season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot get over how YUM these look! Maybe it's because I am hungry? No, I think I would still want to take a bite out of my computer even if I looked at this picture AFTER eating at an all you can eat buffet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look AMAZING! I pinned for later. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.