Thursday, August 15, 2013

Green Pepper Boats with Egg and Avocado

I have come to really enjoy a few slices of perfectly ripe avocado along with my morning eggs...  ever since I first made these Avocado and Egg Boats.

I was having a hankering for them again when came across a green pepper in the crisper that was looking a little neglected.  So, I decided to use that too and ended up with Green Pepper and Egg Boats with Avocado.

If you are a vegetarian, just leave the bacon out.  But it does add a distinct flavor burst to the whole meal.

This is a big breakfast that will easily keep you going till noon... or it could certainly pass for lunch or even dinner, too.


Aug 14 eggs in peppers 004

Green Pepper Boats with Egg and Avocado
Makes 2 servings
  • 1 large green pepper, cut in half vertically and cleaned
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
  • 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut in slices (about 4 oz net)
  • crumbled bacon
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
  2. Place the green pepper halves on a baking sheet, cut side up.
  3. Crack an egg into each ‘boat’.
  4. Bake for 15  minutes.
  5. Place 3 pieces of cherry tomato in each boat and return them to the oven. Bake for another 5 minutes.
  6. Remove to serving plates.
  7. Spread the avocado slices onto each boat, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon, salt and pepper before serving.
Per boat, with 1 tsp bacon.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 203; Protein 9g; Carbohydrate 11g; Fat 15g; Fibre 5g.

Aug 14 eggs in peppers 001
You could easily cook 2 eggs in each if the pepper halves are large enough.

Aug 14 eggs in peppers 002
After 15 minutes the eggs will still be slightly runny.

Aug 14 eggs in peppers 003
Mmmmmm… This is just so good.  Lots of my favorite flavors, all mixed together.



Are you a runny egg fan?  

What about avocados.... love 'em or leave 'em?

7 comments:

  1. OOOH!!! we just made egg in a frame with the G-Pepper.
    This is far fancier :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a green pepper fan, but will try these with yellow, orange or red peppers for sure!

    I used to only like eggs cooked solid, no softness what so ever, now I have cultivated a taste for a runny egg as long as the whites are cooked thoroughly.

    Never liked avocados either, BUT I have changed that too! Love them, almost to the point of addiction...I could eat them everyday.

    Thanks for the recipe, I will definately whip some up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a green pepper fan, but will try these with yellow, orange or red peppers for sure!

    I used to only like eggs cooked solid, no softness what so ever, now I have cultivated a taste for a runny egg as long as the whites are cooked thoroughly.

    Never liked avocados either, BUT I have changed that too! Love them, almost to the point of addiction...I could eat them everyday.

    Thanks for the recipe, I will definately whip some up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, love all those flavor combinations, bacon always makes eggs better, so does ham ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore belly peppers- not so much green ones but red, orange and yellow. However, green ones, cooked are great :) With garlic and olive oil!

    Again, I am so sad that eggs no longer exist in my life! :( But I can always stuff those peppers with ground meat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea- these are SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.