I was having a hankering for them again when came across a green pepper in the crisper that was looking a little neglected. So, I decided to use that too and ended up with Green Pepper and Egg Boats with Avocado.
If you are a vegetarian, just leave the bacon out. But it does add a distinct flavor burst to the whole meal.
This is a big breakfast that will easily keep you going till noon... or it could certainly pass for lunch or even dinner, too.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 large green pepper, cut in half vertically and cleaned
- 2 eggs
- 3 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut in slices (about 4 oz net)
- crumbled bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the green pepper halves on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Crack an egg into each ‘boat’.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place 3 pieces of cherry tomato in each boat and return them to the oven. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove to serving plates.
- Spread the avocado slices onto each boat, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon, salt and pepper before serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 203; Protein 9g; Carbohydrate 11g; Fat 15g; Fibre 5g.
You could easily cook 2 eggs in each if the pepper halves are large enough.
After 15 minutes the eggs will still be slightly runny.
Mmmmmm… This is just so good. Lots of my favorite flavors, all mixed together.
Are you a runny egg fan?
What about avocados.... love 'em or leave 'em?