Saturday, December 31, 2011

Apple and Dried Cranberries Sweeten up this Slaw

We eat this sweet coleslaw quite often.  Recently when I posted the recipe for Peanut Butter Pasta, I mentioned that a sweet crunchy coleslaw would be a nice side dish with it, and went to link to my recipe... but was quite surprised to find that I had never posted it!

I am rectifying that now as I did just make it to have with some store-bought gyoza and sauce.  It calls for ingredients that I almost always have on hand.  I guess that is why we have it so often!  That, and we really do like it.

And now I can go back and insert that link!


Sweet Crunchy Coleslaw
Makes 4 servings of 3/4 cup each
  • 2 cups of bagged tricolor cabbage slaw or chop your own
  • 1 small red apple, pared and chopped into small pieces
  • 2 thin slices of white onion, chopped
  • 1 Tbs dried cranberries
For the dressing:
  • 2 Tbs fat free Miracle Whip or other mayo
  • 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
  • 1 packet Splenda
  1. Place the first 4 ingredients into a medium bowl.
  2. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix till creamy and well-blended.
  3. Pour the dressing over the salad in the medium bowl and mix well. 
  4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Per serving.
Weight Watchers P+ = 1.
Calories 42; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 10g; Fat 0g; Fibre 2g.

Note:
The only ingredients in this recipe that have Points Plus values are the dried cranberries and the fat free Miracle Whip.  But Weight Watchers uses all the ingredients in a recipe to calculate the N.I.

Put the vegetables and fruit into a medium bowl.


Place the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.


Mix till creamy and then pour over the fruit and vegetables.  Stir till all the freggies are coated with dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment.