This recipe is based on one that has been around for years, but I wanted to make it a bit more Weight Watchers P+ friendly so I used a mix of white sugar and brown sugar, and less sugar overall. The original recipe calls for 1 cup white sugar, but I used 1/4 cup of white and 1/2 cup of loosely packed brown, and it worked just fine.
Ask The Captain... he has eaten most of them already!
You can easily whip up a batch of these cookies and have them baked in less than 20 minutes. The perfect last minute gift or take-along. Or just have some on hand to munch on yourself when you get tired of shortbread and chocolate!
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 26 servings of 1 cookie each
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 whole fresh egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the peanut butter and sugars together till well blended.
- Add the egg, baking soda and vanilla, and beat again.
- Take about a teaspoonful of dough at a time and roll into a ball. Repeat until you have 26 balls.
- Place them on the parchment paper a couple of inches apart, and flatten slightly with a fork. They will double in size as they bake.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before putting the cookies on baking trays to cool completely.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 82; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 7g; Fat 5g; Fibre 1g.
Cream peanut butter with sugars.
Then beat in egg, baking soda and vanilla.
Allow to cool completely - they will break easily while warm.
Enjoy with your favorite tea!