Thursday, December 15, 2011

Getting the Day off to a Great Start

At one time, I never ever thought of eating breakfast.  I would get up, have coffee, head to work... take a quick break at noon for more coffee... and likely not eat at all until mid-afternoon.  Then I would graze my way into the evening until bedtime.  No wonder I wasn't hungry for breakfast the next morning... and the cycle would repeat itself.

Since joining Weight Watchers many many years ago, and getting into fitness, running, and other activities, along with adopting a healthy diet, I have learned that I need to eat in the morning.  And if I don't eat within an hour or so of waking up, I get 'hangry'.  You know, so hungry I get cranky!

Breakfast is such an important start to my day.  I am always on the lookout for a filling, protein packed breakfast that will take me through till lunchtime, without the need for a mid-morning snack.

Here are my top 8 breakfast choices right now:

1. Protein-Packed Oats with Raisins


Weight Watchers P+ = 4, plus yogurt.


2. Veggie-ful Omelet


Weight Watchers P+ = 3.


3. Protein Packed Cheesy Oats


Weight Watchers P+ = 6.


4.  Warm Quinoa and Strawberries Breakfast Bowl


Weight Watchers P+ = 6.


5. Eggs in a Nest


Weight Watchers P+ = 5.


6. Flourless Soy Protein Pancakes


Weight Watchers P+ = 6.


7. Peanut Butter and Banana Oats


Weight Watchers P+ = 6.


8.  'Frenched' Strawberry and Cream Cheese Sandwiches


Weight Watchers P+ = 5, plus syrup.

For other delicious breakfasts, have a look at my Breakfast Ideas.  You will be sure to find lots of things to your liking, and all for a reasonable amount of Points Plus!

1 comment:

  1. I was the same as you for a few years - happy to skip breakfast and have a light salad and diet coke for lunch...only to be STARVING by 4pm and keep eating the rest of the day! Happy I have discovered the joy of breakfast!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.