Using the Coconut Dream in a smoothie was suggested to me by Christy, from My Dirt Road Anthem. I am so glad I decided to try it out. My first attempt is simple and delicious, with only 2 ingredients, but I know I will be doing more experimenting with this.
I like smoothies anytime of the day when I need a snack... whether it is after a workout or just when I need something nutritious to get me through a couple of hours till mealtime.
And I normally use my immersion blender. It is so handy and easy to clean, and I often drink right out of the blender jar!
Makes 1 serving
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup Coconut Dream, unsweetened original flavor
- Peel the banana and cut it into chunks. Place in the bottom of the blender container.
- Add Coconut Dream to container.
- Whizz about 30 seconds till frothy and thick.
- Drink out of the blender container or pour into a glass.
Weight Watchers P+ = 3.
Calories 123; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 25g; Fat 3g; Fibre 3g.
Drink it right from the blender jar... no one is looking!
Here are a couple of other smoothies you might enjoy: