I bought the unsweetened original flavor, and after bringing it home, I calculated the Weight Watchers Points Plus values for it. I was pleasantly surprised that is is only 1 P+ per cup.
Today I used it to cook up our morning oats and they turned out very creamy and had a slight coconut flavor. Very nice. The bit of fat it contains really helped the oats satisfy me till lunch time.
If you want an even more intense coconut flavor, add 2 tsp of cocunut oil to the cooked oats... and add 1 more WW P+ too, per serving.
Creamy Coconut Oats
Makes 2 servings
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup Coconut Dream, unsweetened original
- 2/3 cup water
- Toppings of your choice
- Bring the water to boil in a small saucepan and then stir in the oats and Coconut Dream.
- Cover the pan and turn down the heat. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest 5 more minutes.
- Divide the oats between 2 serving bowls and add toppings of your choice.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 119; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 19g; Fat 3g; Fibre 3g.
Really creamy after cooking.
With some yogurt and half a banana.