Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Banana Cinnamon Microwave Muffins

Lately I am obsessed with these  Microwave Muffins .  They are such a filling treat for only 2 P+ and there are so many fun and tasty ways to make them.  And,  I have done some experimenting and found they can be made with spelt, whole wheat or even white flours.

Normally I would make them 2 at a time but today I decided to make just one for me, as The Captain was otherwise occupied with a huge, gooey, fattening cinnamon roll...  so I halved the basic ingredients, and then used even less mashed banana. 

Why?  Well, bananas have more calories than pumpkin or applesauce, which are what I have used when making other versions of these muffins.  So, to keep the P+ count to 2, I reduced the amount of mashed banana to 1/8 cup in this individual serving.  It was plenty and quite tasty!




  
Banana Cinnamon Microwave Muffins
Makes 1 serving
  • 1/8 cup mashed banana
  • 1 Tbs organic spelt flour
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 packet Splenda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon 
  1. Spray a small microwave-safe bowl or mug with non-stick spray.
  2. Mix ingredients well and place in bowl.
  3. Cook on HIGH in microwave oven for 2 minutes.
  4. Leave cool about 5 minutes in the dish, then turn out and leave another 5 minutes before serving.
  5. Top with yogurt, fruit, nut butters, etc.
Per serving, without toppings.
Weight Watchers P+ = 2.
Calories 86; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 13g; Fat 0g; Fibre 2g.


Ingedients mixed and placed in microwave-safe bowl.


After miking, let it rest several minutes to complete cooking.


Put on your favorite toppings and enjoy!



Here are some other versions you may want to try:


2 comments:

  1. I love microwave muffins! Do you own an silicone muffin cups? I bought some a long time ago when I didn't have an oven, and they made cute little muffin shapes even in the microwave. I think you can purchase just one as well, which is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried microwave muffins. It's now on my list of things to do soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.