The recipe comes from the Carb Lovers Diet. They consider it one serving but it makes a very generous 1-1/2 cups and contains close to 400 calories. That is way too much for me so I am callling it 2 servings and displaying their nutritional data as such, too.
You can easily divide the ingredients in half. And, if you don't have maple syrup, use your favorite pancake syrup, or even honey. A sprinkle of cinnamon on the top is nice too.
Banana Yogurt Parfait with Maple-Oat Topping
Makes 2 servings
- 6 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup plain Greek low-fat yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine oats and maple syrup; add oat mixture to pan, and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place yogurt in a bowl and top with banana slices and toasted oats.
Weight Watchers P+ = 5.
Calories 190; Protein: 10g; Carbohydrate 33g; Fat 3g; Fiber3g.
Place yogurt and cut banana in bowls.
Mix oats and syrup, then toast in non-stick pan.
Top banana and yogurt with the oats and a dash of cinnamon.