I did, however, have vanilla yogurt in the fridge so I decided to experiment wiht it, using it in place of the milk that I would normally mix with an egg to make the mixture that I dip slices of bread into to make French toast. It worked very well and I will be doing more experimenting with other kinds of yogurt in the future, especially fat free because that is what I normally use.
French Toast with a Twist
Makes 2 servings
- 4 slices whole grain bread of your choosing
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 whole fresh egg
- dash of cinnamon
- Mix together the yogurt, egg, and a dash of cinnamon in a bowl that is wide enough to lay a bread slice into, flat.
- Lightly coat a frying pan with non-stick spray and set over MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
- Lay a slice of bread on the yogurt/egg mixture and then flip it over and coat the second side.
- Place in the pan on the stove and cook a couple of minutes till golden, flip and cook second side.
- Remove the cooked bread to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- Coat and cook the rest of the bread in the same manner. You may need to spray pan again with non-stick spray between slices. Make sure to do this away from the hot stove.
- Place 2 slices of French Toast on each plate and sprinkle them with a bit more cinnamon.
- Serve with your favorite syrup or with fruit preserves.
Per serving, not including syrup or preserves.
Weight Watchers P+ = 6.
Calories 240; Protein 10g; Carbohydrate 38g; Fat 5g; Fibre 1g.
The nutritional information and number of Points Plus will varying depending on the bread and yogurt you select.