If you happen to have fresh crab, use it certainly, but the canned version is just fine with these other, flavorful ingredients. Enjoy with your favorite crackers or even chips. Today we had Wasa Light Rye and Finn Crisp Mulitgrain.
The Captain and I split this, and ate the whole thing for lunch. It would also be a good amount for appetizers for 4 to 6 people, with smaller crackers. The ingredients are easily doubled if you want more. Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated the next day.
Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 small can crab, drained, approximately 4-1/2 ounces net
- 3 canned artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 6 Tbs lite parmesan cheese shreds
- 3 Tbs fat free Miracle Whip
- Mix all the ingredients together and put in a microwave save dish.
- Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes to heat till bubbly.
- Serve while still hot as a dip or spread.
Per complete recipe, not including crackers.
Weight Watchers P+ = 8.
Calories 314; Protein 42g; Carbohydrate 18g; Fat 8g; Fibre 4g.
Hot and gooey, right out of the mike.
Wasa light rye and Finn Crisp mulitgrain crackers.
Piled on a Wasa cracker... you can dip it if your prefer.